Wednesday

Deleted Scenes

Deleted Scenes:
Pictures that do not fit in a lesson post, but tell the story of our trip none the less.

The night before we started working on Hurricane Ridge we had a violent lightening storm. I saw the firefighters on the hill. They had spent the day looking for smoke plumes. The last thing they wanted was a forest fire.





This marmot on Mount Rainer had quite a view – and clearly felt very relaxed. His legs make me laugh.



Traveling with the Saint Louis Science Center was a real treat. Not only were things well organized, but we got to do things most might not. The people, my new friends, were just the icing on the cake. Below are just a few pics I want to share.

Look at Andrew Wyeth’s famous painting, Christina’s World.



Now look at Bethany. I think I’ll call this photo Bethany’s World.



Roger is an avid photographer like me. He goes to great lengths to get the shot he wants.



Ron is the Director of Travel Programs at the St. Louis Science Center. He recommends that people NOT use flash photography in the car while he is driving on narrow dirt roads on mountain sides. He made this recommendation after I took this picture… with a flash…while he was driving on a narrow dirt road …. Yes, we were on a mountain side.



Dr. Stephanie laughs a lot.



And she is very tall.



Roger took this picture, but he said I could use it. I like the angle. I like the blue sky. I like that it reminds me of fun times we had.